Monday 19 February 2007

New week - new site

I spent most of the weekend building a new website. This time it was for the fire marshal community at work. The marshal for my area has moved on and so I was asked to move from deputy to marshal and I figured this would be a good time to try and drive home some of the communication issues I felt needed to be addressed in this community; particularly the lack of training and guidance.


The site is, once again, based around a punbb forum. I'm getting to know the code quite well and it's pretty easy to add portals and other stuff quite quickly. I added the standard portal page and (new for me) the pundokuwiki mod. The portal I edited a bit to get it to display an icon next to the news items (based on a string in the post subject). The wiki was a little troublesome, first off the language file wasn't being accessed properly (thanks to Sajjid for finding the post answering that one) but more importantly the user access bits aren't working. I'll be trying to sort that out but in the mean time I have to upload the data files by FTP.

No comments: